Speaking of camp, by the end of the day I'm terribly hungry. Someone needs a snack.
Let me lend a hand in a list of mix-in ideas.
- chocolate chips
- almonds, walnuts, cashews, peanuts
- sprinkles (what.)
- every kind of dried fruit ever
- seeds of the sunflower, sesame, pumpkin variety
- cinnamon. duh.
Chewy Granola Bars (adapted from this recipe at Chocolate Covered Katie)
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup rice krispies (you could probably leave these out and be fine. maybe add more oats)
- 1/4 cup oat flour (make your own by whirling some oats in a food processor. i used wheat bran instead.)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbs veg oil or nut butter
- 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (we're talking agave, honey, brown rice syrup)
- 1-2 packets of stevia or 1-2 tbs brown sugar OR more liquid sweetener
- 2 tbs applesauce
Whatever mix-ins you so desire
Mix your dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients and mix-ins. Press mixture (really well!) into a greased 8x8 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes, then press again. Cool in fridge for at least ten minutes before cutting into bars.
No Bake: pop 'em the fridge until firm.
Happy song time. Remember this one? They played it at the end of the Disney Channel Original Movie, Model Behavior. Get it.