Sunday, June 24, 2012

on any given day: episode three.

Crafternoon to the max.
I want this shirt.
Yesterday I had a Savers run post farmers market visit. I could have gotten all the things, but instead I just got some too hot to handle high waisted, salmon colored, spandex-y capris.

To make into shorts, of course. I was dying to attack some with bleachy goodness. All credit owed to this tutorial.

You're going to need some of this stuff. Except don't use a paint brush. Bleach disintegrated this paintbrush. I'm stupid. Use an eyedropper, squirt bottle, just not a paintbrush.
Step One: cut 'em. If you're cuffing them, I'd cut at least two inches longer than where you want them to hit your leg. 

Step Two: paint 'em. I did some zig-zag (who coined the term "zig-zag"?) designs. Don't worry about making it pretty, you guys. Mine looks like this because I was trying to finish before all of the bristles on the paintbrush disappeared.
Step Three: let 'em dry, rinse, and wash (probably by themselves.)

Step Four: wear 'em. You have no idea how scared I was to take a picture of myself. As you can see, I had to do the classic thumbs up pose in order to make me believe I wasn't taking myself too seriously. I can't handle selfies.

I told you this was a crafternoon. Next project, bracelets. You can grab some neon mason line at pretty much any hardware store. In Home Depot and Lowes, it's by the giant spools of rope and chains.

I made this one by using four pieces of string (two that you won't see). Alternate sides, making one basic hitch knot. To make it look more intricate, you can push the knots way close together, or you don't have to at all.

I used an Honestly WTF tutorial to make the closure. Otherwise you can just tie the ends together! Because mason line is made of nylon, knots come out really easily. That's where a lighter comes in. Hold it up to the knot and right when it starts to melt the cord, push the bottom of the lighter down on it so it melts onto itself. 

Also, definitely made homemade Larabars today. Letmetellyousomething before you accuse me of being way too crunchy. They're real, real good. This lady's got a ton of recipes for them.

Want to know a song??

Have the loveliest day, kittens.

8 comments:

  1. Wristbands are encircling strips worn on the wrist, made from a variety of materials depending on the purpose.
    Tyvek
    wristbands

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your crafts! Your blog is so creative and amazing! Keep up the good work! I just started my own, and it isn't that great yet but it is getting there! How do you come up with all these ideas?
    -Chloee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thats what it looks like she used just make sure you use cording thread for the closure because the yarn becomes frayed.
      gayle m lopez

      Delete
  4. This page is stupid because it tells you steps for the shorts and that is not what I clicked on I clicked the bracelet and it doesn't even have directions and it doesn't tell you the length of the string you need.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice tutorial.I love your post very much.I love this design very much.So cute and amazing Thank you for sharing this helpful post شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض

    ReplyDelete

  6. بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم نحن فى شركة الكمال تقوم بافضل انواع التنظيف العام وتنظيف الفلل بافضل انواع العالميه التى تحافظ على السيراميك

    شركة الكمال
    شركة تنظيف بالطائف
    شركة تنظيف فلل بالطائف
    شركة تنظيف بجازان
    شركة تنظيف فلل بجازان
    شركة تنظيف بحائل
    شركة تنظيف فلل بحائل
    ونحن فى خدماتكم اربعه وعشرون ساعه وكل هذا بافضل الاسعار واقل التكلفة

    ReplyDelete

  7. In the name of God the Merciful We in the light of UK companies offer the best services in all cleaning Katenziv in apartments , boards and cabinets and Villas
    شركة نور المملكة
    شركة تنظيف بمكة
    And also we provide insect control for all insects flying and crawling and rat extermination
    شركة مكافحة حشرات بجازان
    We also offer moving furniture needed by everyone because of the expiration of the lease time or travel service
    شركة الصفرات لنقل الاثاث بالرياض
    And safety and God's mercy and blessings
    كما يوجد لدينا ايضا تنظيف المجالس والكنب والسجاد والموكيت باحدث الطرق الموجودة وافضل المواد التى تقضى البقع والاوساخ
    شركة تنظيف مجالس وكنب بحائل
    شركة تنظيف سجاد وموكيت بحائل
    وكل هذا بانسب الاسعار واقل التكلفة ونحن نعمل فى خدماتكم 24ساعه


    ReplyDelete