Sunday, September 2, 2012

pb&j banana bread and the state fair.




I went to the Great Minnesota Get -Together (pstt, it's the State Fair). There were many, many lights, a "Dogs of the Wild West" show which featured a group of shuddering chihuahuas corralled on a platform, preteens really excited to see Demi Lovato, and of course all the fried food ever. I did not partake in any of the fried food. 

Do not judge me, I would have done it. If someone came up to me and said, "Danie, I purchased this large, deep fried pickle and am now gifting it to you." I would have eaten it. But no one did that. I ate a hot pretzel.

Anyway, this is the last thing I'll bake in this house. Are you looking forward to my baking endeavors in the new kitchen? Me too.


Hey, vegan peanut butter and jelly AND banana bread. 

You sure are tasty.

You sure don't contain any refined sugars.

You sure did aid in me using up a large amount of leftover blueberry jam.


I sure did eat you.

Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread

Makes one 9x5in loaf.
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp salt
  • 1 Tbsp baking powder
  • 1 cup non-dairy milk
  • 1/4 cup liquid sweetener (honey, maple syrup, agave nectar) or brown sugar
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 2 Tbsp flax seed mixed with 4 Tbsp warm water
  • 1/2 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup plain soy or regular yogurt
  • 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 medium banana, mashed
  • 2 Tbsp canola oil
  • 1/3 cup jam
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan.

In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flours-baking powder). In a medium sized bowl combine wet ingredients (milk-oil). Pour wet ingredients into dry and stir to combine.

Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Spread jam on top of batter layer. Pour remaining batter over jam.

Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted into the middle of the loaf, comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from the pan.

No comments:

Post a Comment