Monday, May 7, 2012

chocolate chip champies.

It's a beautiful day in Minneapolis! I got lost on my bike trying to find a certain thrift store...but found my way home. So what better way to celebrate my homecoming and the freedom of summer with some baking!


Chocolate chip cookies are an absolute must in my home-home. Someone always wants them and I believe they were my first vegan baking experience. I remember my mom was just the happiest because "she could eat them"...I come from a line of notoriously sensitive stomachs. 


So here's the deal. I've been struggling to find the perfect vegan chocolate chip cookie recipe for approximately fifty years. I've just recently played with recipes using Earth Balance (expensive), molasses (fine), and Ener-g Egg Replacer. I never used Ener-g before. I'll keep experimenting with it, but for now...not my favorite. 


So! I went back to my vegan cookie roots and used the recipe in Vegan Cookies Invade Your Cookie Jar. I tasted the batter, because I had to, and I totally remembered why I loved it in the first place. 

  1. You only use one bowl
  2. No Earth Balance
  3. They don't taste like flaxseeds
  4. The batter is super visually pleasing

Here's the result:


Just being cookies outside

Hanging out with its friends on a cooling rack


Nom. Nomnomnom WHY did I ever stray away from you, Post Punk Kitchen? Go make cookies, you guys. I think I'll craft.



And might I recommend a soundtrack?


OkBye.

No comments:

Post a Comment