Tuesday, February 5, 2013

loveatarianism and larabars.

Last night I was feeling less than mindful. I called my very well-minded sister, Sam, and she introduced me to a concept call loveatarianism. Deciding to commit to thinking with love over fear. It's like refusing to allow negative thoughts, fear, and anxieties to be on your plate. You don't want to eat that.

Keeping that in mind, I had a very lovely Danie morning. I challenged myself to run on the freshly snowed-on sidewalks (challenge is an understatement), visited the co-op, had a very peaceful breakfast, wrote some empowering thoughts in my journal, made some delicious chili which I later shared with my lovelylove, and whipped up two delicious homemade Larabar flavors for you!

Making your own energy bars is the easiest in the world. You should totally make friends with your food processor, create your own flavors, and eat these delicious creations every day. They're full of natural sugars and sources of energy so you'll be all revved up to celebrate the positive things in your life.
 DIY Larabars:

Cherry Chocolate Chip

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 C pitted dates
  • 3/4 C dried cherries
  • 3/4 C almonds (roasted or raw)
  • 1/4 C chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp vanilla (optional)



Blend all ingredients together in food processor until a soft, sticky dough forms. Shape dough into disks or bars. Chill in refrigerator. Bars will keep in the refrigerator for two weeks.

Oatmeal Raisin

Ingredients:
  • 3/4 C pitted dates
  • 3/4 C raisins
  • 3/4 C walnuts
  • 3/4 C rolled oats
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • pinch of salt
  • 1 tsp vanilla


Blend all ingredients together in food processor until a soft, sticky dough forms. Shape dough into disks or bars. Chill in refrigerator. Bars will keep in the refrigerator for two weeks.

Remember to keep love on your plate.

No comments:

Post a Comment