Monday, May 20, 2013

blueberry cornmeal bread.



I made you bread because it's almost summer and I'm into it. My excitement relating to farmer's markets is unmanageable, I actually can't believe I've gotten one of my seedlings to sprout, and the amount of desire I have to wear shoes equals zero.


I also made you this bread because after a weekend of long car rides and flight delays, when I got home rom the airport at 11pm, all I wanted to do was bake. I realize no one does this but hope some people do.


Blueberry Cornmeal Bread (adapted from Joy the Baker)

Makes one standard loaf.

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour (or sub more AP flour)
1 cup cornmeal
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 C butter, melted
1/2 cup honey
1 1/4 C buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1-1 1/2 C fresh or frozen blueberries. Or any other fruit, really.

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare one loaf pan.

Whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, and salt.

In another bowl whisk together honey, butter, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla.

Combine wet ingredients into dry, stirring until just combined.

Gently fold in blueberries.

Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted, comes out clean.




No comments:

Post a Comment