Tuesday, March 12, 2013

vegan peanut butter and jelly cookies.



I don't usually make cookies because I feel like I need to eat them all. I usually make cookies because I crave the process. It's comforting and familiar and I'd choose my house to smell like cookies rather than moth balls any day.


Something I do crave...constantly....is a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (see what I'm getting at here?
Did you read the title of this post?). I'm a firm believer in the healing power of a really good PB&J, especially if someone else makes it for you.


We've got the best of both worlds here: a crazy easy cookie recipe and the comfort that ever popular
peanut butter and jelly combination.

Vegan Peanut Butter and Jelly Cookies:

Ingredients:

1 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup light brown sugar
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
pinch of salt

1/4 cup jam (any flavor)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix all cookie ingredients together (minus the jam). Place one inch balls of dough on a prepared cookie sheet. Using your index finger, make a well in the middle of the ball, making sure to repair any major crackage that may result.

Fill wells with jam.

Bake for 12 minutes and let cool on pan.






1 comment:

  1. These look great. There's no flour in the ingredients list, which makes them gluten free too. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete